If you associate essential oils with feminine self-care procedures, you might want to reconsider.
Essential oils definitely work in a man’s favor, too. They fight stress, contribute to better sleep and digestion, stimulate the immune system, boost energy, and increase libido. They improve memory, natural masculine fragrance, thicker hair, younger-looking skin, etc. essential oils are important for general well-being of any man.
Already interested in their superpowers and thinking of trying them?
Here we at High Style Life give you a list of our favorite essential oils for men and their many benefits on the body and mind. Dig in to find out which one is the best for you and how to use it the right way.
So, What are “Men” Essential Oils, Exactly?
First, let’s see what essential oils are and how they work.
Essential oils are evaporative concentrated plant extracts. The oils keep the scent and the useful compounds of flowers or herbs they’re made of. This defines their strong features and unique powers. Galen-N Essential Oils point out that different essential oils can help you tackle specific health conditions. Some have positive effects on physiological problems, others help with a poor emotional state. They show great results in reducing pain, fast aging, fatigue, anxiety, and bad mood.
Thanks to these properties, essential oils are widely used in aromatherapy, alternative medicine, cosmetics, and makeup industry.
Ways to Use Essential Oils?
There are various ways to make essential oils part of your everyday self-care, gentlemen.
- Use a diffuser. This is a device that spreads the essential oil in the air. Load it with a mixture of water and several drops of a preferred oil. In no time you’ll enjoy the oil’s aroma while it does its magic on you.
- Inhale. For instant results, inhale the essential oil deeply from the bottle or from a soaked fabric. Depending on what you need and what the oil is, you’ll immediately feel more active, relieved, or cheerful. Bring the bottle or the soaked cloth with you, so you can repeat during work time for a quick boost.
- Apply directly. Before applying, it’s mandatory to make sure the essential oil is safe for you. To check if you’re allergic, make a skin test with a small amount of it.
If there’s no irritation, use the oil directly on your skin. It’s best to dab a few drops on your neck and wrists. Even better, include the oil in your next massage. When absorbed, it impacts your whole body.
- Use as a cologne. To achieve a natural and subtle own scent, mix some of your favorite essential oils with a non-scented lotion. Another idea is to make a spray with distilled water. You’ll create an organic, inexpensive, and empowering fragrance. Everyone will compliment you on your amazing “perfume”.
Essential Oils that Boost Energy and Mood
You know how sometimes you feel physically and emotionally drained.
Well, there are essential oils that fight the lack of energy and help you get through similar periods:
- Peppermint. You need a few peppermint oil drops in your tea or coffee to feel your inner power again. The oil reduces mental exhaustion and stress and increases concentration and focus. It’s also great for improving your digestion.
- Orange. Smell orange essential oil in the morning to put yourself in a good mood and ensure a fresh start of the day. Bring it with you for a brain boost when you need one.
Essential Oils that Promote Better Sleep
Nowadays a guy’s busy lifestyle leads to many sleepless nights. And good rest is essential to feel complete and healthy as a man.
- Lavender. It’s a long-known essential oil to induce deep sleep. Leave a vial on your nightstand or massage a few drops on your body before bedtime. There’s no doubt you’ll sleep like a baby.
- Chamomile. Another popular oil with sedative effects. It’s best to drink tea with chamomile oil drops before bedtime to relieve stress and fall asleep peacefully.
- Rose. The Rosa Damascena essential oil sets you free from worries and depression. Also, it improves your sleep quality.
Essential Oils that Support Overall Health
Essential oils’ powerful ingredients are extremely efficient in preventing health issues.
- Lemon. The oil is a strong natural antibacterial and antiviral agent. Add it to your essential oils kit to stimulate your immune system and keep yourself in good health.
- Ylang-ylang. To relieve annoying headaches, rub the oil on your temples.
- Oregano. Oregano oil has great health benefits. Massage it on your body when you have sore muscles to recover faster and reduce the pain. The oil works great for removing warts, too.
Do you want to improve your overall well being? Then it’s time to change your habits.
Essential Oils for Improved Shaving
Use directly or add these essential oils to your cream to stop skin irritation:
- Tea tree. Use this oil to shave easily and soothe your skin afterward.
- Eucalyptus. It calms the skin and prevents the appearance of blemishes and red spots.
Check out our 5 Easy Tips That Make Your Skin Look Flawless
Essential Oils for Hair Growth
The following essential oils are great for gentlemen who struggle with hair loss, thinning hair, etc.:
- Rosemary. It activates cellular regeneration. This results in the stimulation of both hair growth and thickness.
- Cedarwood. This oil regulates the oil-producing scalp glands. Therefore, it can help you get rid of dandruff, greasy hair, or itchy scalp.
- Clary sage. Use it once or twice a week to fight hair loss and increase hair growth and strength.
Aphrodisiac Essential Oils for Men
To improve your sexual performance, consider combining herbs to boost libido along essential oils in your bedroom:
- Tongkat Ali. It has a reputation of libido and erection booster and guarantees an exciting sexual experience.
- Ginseng. The oil increases sexual desire in both men and women. So, let no hesitation stop you from getting it for you and your partner.
- Tribulus Terrestris, Ashwagandha, Maca Root or any of the other herbs boosting testosterone and libido along with anti-aging food can make wonders to vitality and spirit!
We believe you are now convinced of the positive impact essential oils have on a male’s physical and mental health. This, of course, is fundamental for the complete and carefree life of a confident gentleman.