A tattoo makes style statement. A lot of people from various age groups are getting inked. A new addition to this style is the use of black and grey ink. They use various shades to make the tattoo attractive. They use a typical needle here. The concept of black and grey has come from the jail house or a joint style. It used to be practiced amongst the prison inmates. They did this because they did not have access to different materials. Gradually the concept became popular and was practiced by the artists in tattoo parlors. The popularity grew very fast and the artists’ started giving it a different style.
What is the Technique?
- The color black and grey tattoo work is done by diluting the black ink in water. It is diluted in distilled water in varying proportions. This creates a wash which results in lighter shades.
- The grey shade is produced by the mixture of small amount of black ink and grey ink. This results in a thicker but brighter shade. This basically requires a slower application.
- The tattoos of such types need shading that is typical component for these types of tattoos. This is because they will fade away over a period of years. There will be no signs of strong black tones of black color that can be seen prominently.
- The shading of black and grey requires huge skill by the artists. This is an illustration of professionalism in the industry.
Difference Between Color Of Black And Grey
- It is an important design to make whether you wish to do a color or black and grey tattoo. The tattoo that is designed on you all the time, so you have to be cautious and give it a serious thought. It basically depends upon the liking of an individual. It is like a style statement that may affect many things in future; the difference between the two is a matter of choice. Tattoos that tell a story about who you are and defines your personality.
- The black and grey tattoos began in the streets. It was designed as portraits of beloveds or some flowers and mainly script writings. The writings were linked with faith or sentiments. Later this spread like wild fire and entered the culture as a whole.
- The black and grey tattoos have many advantages. There is less chance of fading.
Why Is Black And Grey Color loved By All?
- The reason for the love of this color is that when people first came to know about tattoos, it was black ink. This was basically done to highlight the skin color. The originality of black color is from log wood or magnetite crystals.
- The most popular black color tattoos was used to create henna tattoos. Some slowly started to give better effect with grey shades. These grey shades later turned to be great for designs.
- The greatest benefit of black and grey is their supple nature. They will not wear off easily unlike the colored tattoos. They will also not be damaged if exposed to sunlight.
- The intricate designs may fade away gradually over time, but the main appeal remains. It is for this reason that people feel that black tattoos are permanent. It is a unique design that is created.
- The pricing that is related to tattoos is important to note. The black and grey tattoos are cheaper as compared to the colored ones. It is a superb design in economical price.