Who doesn’t love radiant and blemish-free skin? Well, I do! Of course, it wasn’t an easy task getting there. However, the trials and errors were worth it. But do you know where most of us go wrong? We blindly buy the products thinking they will work their magic without even knowing our skin type. And, that’s the very first mistake I made.
So, come on, let’s find out how to determine your skin type. Keep reading.
The Bare-Face Method
The bare-faced method is easy-peasy. You need to wash your face and let it sit for 30 minutes without applying any product.
Now, after the given time, examine your face. If your cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead are shiny, then you have oily skin. If only your forehead and nose are shiny, then it is normal to combination skin, and finally, if your skin feels too dehydrated, then you have dry skin. This is an easy method to help you figure out your skin type.
Homemade Beauty Tips For Glowing Skin (All Skin Types)
- Instead of spending a hefty amount of chemical-based toners, you can DIY one at home. For instance, there is ACV or apple vinegar toner, green tea toner, and more. They are incredibly cheap but will do wonders for your skin.
- Honey is the best. Make a mask using honey and the available ingredients in your kitchen, such as chickpea or rice flour. Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash it off for a natural glow. If you are in a hurry, you can simply switch honey with your cleaner. It truly works.
- Aloe Vera gel can be incorporated in your everyday skincare routine. Apply it after your serum and before your moisturizer. Do this for at least a month to notice a radiant difference.
- Rubbing ice cubes on your skin can help shrink the pores and eliminate those puffy eyes. You can do this every morning to make sure your skin feels alive.
- Exfoliate regularly, but not too much. Twice in a week is sufficient. And, always be gentle.
- Perhaps you already know this but drink plenty of water. It will keep your skin hydrated and flush away the toxins, making your skin glow.
- Drink Apple, beetroot, carrot juice every day. It is exceptional for your skin.
- Never leave your home without sunscreen during the day, even if the weather is cloudy.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Massage your skin regularly. But, make sure you do it in upward strokes to avoid sagging.
- Include retinol in your skincare routine as an anti-ageing option.
- Try to embrace chemical-free products as they are safe for you.
- Always remove your make-up before you go to sleep.
In conclusion, these are a few tips to help you beautify your skin. So, give these a try for glowing and radiant skin.