We all crave for that summer glow throughout the entire year, but many seem to forget that the key ingredient in your beauty recipe is your exfoliator – it will scrub, cleanse, detox and refresh your complexion one healthy grain at a time. With the right elements in your scrub, you can do wonders for your skin to get rid of all the collected dirt, unclog your pores and boost your skin’s natural repair processes.
While store shelves are chock-full of all-natural facial scrubs nowadays, especially with the rise of the green movement in the beauty industry, you can stay in the comfort of your own home, consult your trusty kitchen cabinet and crank up your favorite tunes – you’re in for some fun scrubbin’!
Zesty sugar and lemon scrub
Pair up your most powerful vitamin C and the gentle touch of sugar granules and you’ll have the simplest, most effective facial scrub ready in no time. The combo helps even out your skin tone, evens out your texture and allows you to get rid of impurities and pimples over time with consistent use. Once a week is more than enough!
- Squeeze one fresh, preferably organic lemon into a small bowl
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix in a single tablespoon of raw honey until the ingredients blend together
- Finally, add a tablespoon of finely-ground sugar and make an even mixture to apply to your face
Depending on how sensitive your skin is, apply it with gentle pressure avoiding the most sensitive areas (around the lips and eyes), repeat the circular motions for about five minutes and rinse with cool water.
A delicious chocolate facial scrub
Although the mix will not seem as appealing as its fragrance, but your skin will love it! It’s excellent for promoting and boosting your micro-circulation, reduce the possibility of fine lines and wrinkles, nourish your skin with antioxidants and keep it smooth and rosy.
- Add 1/8 of a cup into your mixing bowl
- Mix in ¼ of a teaspoon of vanilla extract to add that irresistible fragrance
- Add one full tablespoon of dark cocoa powder to fight free-radicals damage
- For a final touch, add ¼ of a cup of brown sugar
The mixture should be even and easy to apply, so you can rub it in slowly for about one or two minutes, and rinse with lukewarm water.
A rejuvenating wonder scrub
Are you looking for a radiant youth boost? Look no further than this incredible, yet simple mixture that will hydrate your skin, provide it plenty of inflammation-fighting microelements and allow it to repair itself more efficiently.
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda to your bowl
- Mix in ½ tablespoon of raw Manuka honey, which is famous for its anti-inflammatory effect on skin, and it will give you a juicy paste
- Add a 1 drop of lavender oil and frankincense oil for improved fragrance and the anti-ageing effect
Before you apply the mask, it’s best to open up your pores by placing a wet, warm cotton cloth on your face for a few minutes, or steam with a gentle herbal tea. Then you can gently massage your skin with the paste for about 3-5 minutes to remove dirt residue and dead skin cells, as well as to let your skin soak in the wonderful effects of the oils. Finally, rinse with warm water.
Oat-meal to feed your skin
One of the gentlest scrubs available also nourishes your skin and has a deeply moisturizing effect, and when mixed with the right ingredients, oats can do wonders for removing toxins from your complexion.
- Add a single tablespoon of oatmeal
- Mix it with one tablespoon of honey, yoghurt or kefir, whatever you have available
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils such as jojoba or lavender
Due to its gentle nature, you can massage your face with this mixture a bit longer, and let it stay on your face for about 15-20 minutes afterwards. Then you can wash it off with lukewarm water and your skin will be hydrated, detoxed and fresh!