Gone are the days where fashion was merely on magazines and catwalks, blogging had taken over with editorial worthy photographs, either by hiring pro photographers or even the very talented and bribed boyfriend. But it didn’t stop there, nope, fashion bloggers are a bit behind too if you haven’t got an envy worthy Instagram feed as well!
Charlee from www.roseabovethethorns.com is going to share with you 5 helpful and rather funny skills you may already have or need to work on to become an Instagram famous fashion Influencer.
- The bigger the mirror the better – Now you can literally ditch bribing your boyfriend to take candid snaps of you in a wheat field or a pretty white washed street. Get yourself a HUGE mirror – Tip: Make sure you dust it off cause trust me it will bug the ASS off some so much as to plague you with it forever!
- Buy new clothes every week – LOL Joke! But seriously try and mix up your feed a little bit, if you do happen to buy yourself a new top – Tag in the brand and add in an affiliate link to get you some commission.
- Fill your Instagram feed with other Fashion Influencers, bloggers and models. Not only is it inspiration for you but if your followers match your feed aesthetic. It is more likely they will follow back!
- Forget having a job, sip frothy coffees, avocado on toast and cute cupcakes at pretty outside seated café’s and don’t forget to Instagram it.
- Plan your Instagram feed, there are apps that can help you organise how it will look before you upload, you can even plan your entire week worth of photographs and how they will look next to each other. Don’t like the grey wall next to the photo of your grey cat? – move it up 2 spaces and place an autumnal orange jumper next to it instead! I personally try and not put a “selfie” next to another or a makeup flatlay next to another – All about that Instagram aesthetic!
You can either literally work your butt off whilst snapping a photo of your butt in your newest Levi jeans and end up hating it all as it’s too much stress. Or you can take simple changes like pre-thinking your photo layout a day or two at a time and photographing to a theme. I.e. don’t post a photo of a baked bean can when all your feed is monochrome beauty and fashion.
If you are after any more helpful how to posts you can check out Rose above the Thorns where you will find posts such as 10 most photographic outfits, how to blog better and of course her Instagram is @roseabovethethorns.
About the author:
Charlee is a budget fashion blogger with a growing Instagram account dedicated to budget fashion and beauty. With 100 things going on in her life Charlee likes sourcing out good deals and hoarding everything in her 2 bed house that may as well be a treasure trove to bargains. From how to style a maxi in 3 ways for autumn to work appropriate attire Charlee is adamant there is something on her space of the internet for you!