Summer’s almost here and times of unquenchable thirst for tasty gulps have already begun. An ideal option for a quick refreshment on the go, home-made smoothies offer a scrumptious, light breakfast substitute, a low-calorie dessert or a pre-workout snack, and thanks to their numerous health benefits and high calcium, protein, vitamin and mineral content, the creamy drinks can improve the state of your skin, hair, internal organs and bone density. Here, we have five simple yet delicious smoothie recipes to help you get the best – and the most delectable – out of your liquefied fruits.
1. Strawberry, Banana and Mango Smoothie
For an extra punch of freshness, energy and vitamin C, try the strawberry-banana-mango smoothie. The ingredients you’ll need for this yummy drink include:
– 1 cup of coconut (or regular) milk;
– 1 peeled and sliced banana (preferably frozen);
– 5-8 big strawberries (desirably hulled);
– 1 skinned and chunked mango.
Mix the ingredients in a blender, smooth, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Peach, Nectarine, Plum and Berry Smoothie
With high vitamin C and calcium quantities, the nectarine-peach-plum-blueberry smoothie is a definite must for people always on the move. To make this delicious concoction, you’ll need:
– 1/2 cup of low-fat yoghurt;
– 1 roughly chopped plum (without the pit);
– 1 sliced peach (without the pit);
– 1 carved nectarine (without the pit);
– ½ – 1 cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh).
Blend the components in a blender until smooth and allow the drink to chill before use.
3. Banana, Blueberry and Agave Smoothie
Low in fat and rich in precious antioxidants and vitamins, the banana-blueberry-agave smoothie is a perfect quick afternoon snack for a hot summer day. To concoct this nutritious smoothie, you need:
– 1 cup of low-fat yoghurt;
– 1/3 – ½ cup of blueberries (either frozen or fresh);
– 1 chopped banana (preferably chilled beforehand);
– 2 teaspoons of agave nectar.
Throw the ingredients into a blender and mix until homogenous, then leave to chill for 20 minutes.
4. Banana, Peanut Butter and Ground Flaxseed Smoothie
For a hassle-free breakfast alternative or a wholesome pre-gym snack rich in fibers, protein and potassium, try the banana-peanut butter-ground flaxseed smoothie. To make this tasty energy bomb, you will need:
– 1 sliced banana;
– 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (creamy, not chunky);
– 1 teaspoon of honey;
– ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract;
– 2 spoons of ground flaxseed (preferably golden);
– ½ cups of low-fat/fat free yoghurt (neutral or vanilla flavored);
– ½ – 1 ½ cups of low-fat milk.
Mix the ingredients in a blender until the drink gets a smooth, creamy texture, and add more milk to get the desired thickness.
5. Pomegranate, Banana and Berry Smoothie
For an extra intake of sodium, potassium and vitamin C, try the refreshing pomegranate-banana-berry smoothie. The ingredients you’ll need for this calorie-low delicacy are:
– 2 cups of mixed berries (fresh or frozen);
– 1 cup of fresh pomegranate juice;
– ½ cup of fat-free cottage cheese;
– ½ cup of water;
– 1 chopped banana.
Process the ingredients in the blender until creamy, then serve immediately or chill before use.